We design humanely to empower our constituents safely, compassionately, and respectfully. We design humanely to enable humans by empowering our constituents safely, compassionately, and respectfully.
We strive to design humanely, that is for our designs to be:
- Empowering - enhancing the connection and communication between people and making it easy to get things done.
- Respectful - providing a safe, predictable, and thoughtful experience building trust and credibility.
- Inclusive - providing access to the largest, most diverse range of people possible regardless of abilities, platform, and environment.
- Compassionate - bringing wellness, delight, joy, and good choices into the lives of our users.
We design for all people, with kindness, to ensure emotional value. Consider humans and their rights, making it easy to do the right thing. To bring users delight and joy, respect user privacy, we seek to design empathetically.
- Understand if the website, digital platform, product or tool is creating value OR has an opportunity to create value. Value Proposition Workshop [Slides and script]
- Identify types of individuals that might use the site, digital tool. Define User Persona [template]
- Think about the experience an individual will have on the site and map their interaction. Guide to Experience Mapping - from Adaptive Path [slides]